Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

My Little Stars

Hello my blogging friends!  I hope you had a fantastic weekend!

My daughter Jessica's baby shower was Saturday and this is the card I made for her.  This Mo Manning image melted my heart because it's like a little glimpse into the future of my grandson Tyton and his little brother, who should be here in a few short weeks.
I colored the image with my Copic markers and used Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the edges of all the papers.  Just a bit though, because I wanted the card to stay bright.  I chose this color scheme to match the snuggy that I made for my little sweetheart (see picture below).  I used the Stitched Wave punch by EK Success to mimic the pattern in it too.  That wavy yellow rick-rack was hand dyed by me and I have a ton of it, so it's nice to find a project to use it on.  I completely forgot to pull the star tag out of the card and get a pic of it.  Sorry about that!
The snuggy blanket I made
Thank you so very much for stopping by. Please leave a comment at the bottom of this post and check out my other posts if you haven't yet. Become a follower by hitting the "join this site" button and/or follow by email so that you can know when I've posted something new. I hope to see you all again soon. Have a great day and an even better tomorrow!

♥ Laura C.

Challenges:

Mo's Digital Challenge (Love Is All Around)
Simon Says Stamp (Bingo - Ribbon, Die Cut, Buttons)
The Sketchy Challenge (Kylie's Sketch)
Scrap Creations (Kids)
Card Crafter's Circle (Babies)
Creative Inspirations (Anything Goes)

Products Used:

Stamps: Mo's Digital Pencil (Brothers)
Inks: Copic Markers, Distress Inks by Ranger, Memento
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, Recollections
DP: Keeping Memories Alive (Yellow Cotton Grid), Scrap Ease (Yellow Splash)
Dies: Spellbinders (Stars and Circles)
Punches: EK Success (Stitched Wave)
Misc: Buttons, Yellow Crochet Thread, Staples, Ribbons (From My Stash of Stuff)

18 comments:

Heather said...

A delightful card, your image of Mo's image is adorable and such perfect details.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining at Simon Says Stamp challenge

Unknown said...

Hi Laura,
What a happy and cheerful card, just like the occasion. This image is tooo cute! Congrats on becoming grandma again and thanks for playing with the Sketchy Girl.

Hugz,
Sandy

Only By His Grace said...

Super card Laura.
I love this cute little image.
Colored beautifully.
Hugs maz

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, how cute! I love the image and I love the colour choices you made......perfection! Thanks so much for linking up at Card Crafter's Circle....good luck!

heidy said...

Oh what a cute card,love it !!
Thanks for joining the sketchy challenge!!
Hugs Heidy

paula said...

beautiful card and images i so cute !! i love the blankies too xx

Mandy said...

Laura your card is absolutely gorgeous, the image is adorable and beautifully coloured. Your snuggy blanket is gorgeous too, my daughter would love it, she's 19 now but still loves her soft snuggy :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Anonymous said...

This is delightful! I love the colours and your sweet image, I'm sure that your daughter was delighted
Hugs julie P

Cathy Lee said...

Simply adorable card, Linda. I love how you colored your sweet image. OMGoodnes and you sew too? Awesome blankie.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Cathy Lee said...

OMGosh...I just realized I call you Linda, Laura. Sorry about that, my dear. I have so many Linda friends that I call Laura. LOL Huggies...Cath

Pat said...

Hi Laura! Oh my gosh! I am so jealous that you get to spend time with your grandbabies! Isn't being a grandma the BEST?! And this card is totally adorable! I love it! Your coloring is beautiful...and your stitching is FABULOUS! I can never get my stitching to look this good...aack! I'm so glad you joined us this week at Mo's!! hugs. Pat Frank

Pia S said...

This is such a sweet image - it oozes brotherly love! Great colorful design and a really fab card!

JAE613 said...

My favorite card yet! The little boys make my heart melt and the fact that it matches the snuggy is just too cute! Love the stitching, it really ties everything together <3

Karen said...

You did a fantastic job! So precious your daughter will cherish I am sure. It would look great framed as a keepsake... I love it....

Karen

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Laura,
Thanks for playing in our Babies Challenge this week at Card Crafter’s Circle. I really like how you have created this cute card to match the blanket ..you also made!! very creative and so very cute!!!
Hugs
Trish Munro
http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/

Grandma Bonnie said...

Oh Laura, i see many details i want to use in my cards too..so awesome..and Mo's images are one of my favorites!! Thanks so much for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle..check back in a few hours to see the new challenge.

Helen Dooley said...

That was such a nice comment you left on my blog. WOW. Well Im now a follower of your blog. I like your card. Im working on one for mos too. lol

Kristen said...

Hi Laura, I am trying to contact you, but can't find you e-mail address. Can you e-mail me at k.catalano@comcast.net. Thank Kristen from scrap-creations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...