Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sending Love

Hello Everyone!  I am entering the Totally Tilda DT call.  Yikes!  Am I too green for that?  I know I would LOVE the challenge of it and would do my very best.  As you can see from my posts, Magnolia stamps are my favorites and it would be a dream come true to be able to work with them on a design team such as Susie's.

I came up with this design with my youngest daughter Ashley in mind, who just moved back to Tucson to start her 3rd year of college.  I can't believe how fast they grow up!  SNIF!


I'm really pleased with how this card came out and I wish my photography did it justice.  I colored Tilda with Distress Inks to try and give her a more vintage look.  I pretty much inked everything except the buttons.  The flowers were handmade by die cutting white cardstock and using embossing folders to give each layer some texture.  I then inked each layer, cut, shaped and assembled.


The little bird and the doily behind Tilda were inked and covered with Tim Holtz's Holographic embossing powder.  Hopefully you can see that I also used some on the tips of the flowers.  More of what I used is listed at the bottom of this post.


Here is the inspiration photo for the Totally Tilda DT call.  Wish me luck!

 
Thank you so very much for stopping by.  Please leave a comment at the bottom of this post and check out my other posts if you haven't yet.  Become a follower by hitting the "join this site" button and/or follow by email so that you can know when I've posted something new.  I hope to see you all again soon.  Have a great day and an even better tomorrow!

♥ Laura C.

Challenges Entered:

Midweek Magnolias (Use Two Dies or Punches)  I WON, YAY!
Magnolia Down Under (Sketch)
Just Magnolia (Handmade Flowers)
Scrap Creations ("D" - Distress, Die-Cuts, Doily)
Creative Inspirations (Anything Goes)


Products Used:

Stamps: Magnolia (Tilda with Many Hearts), Stampendous (Carte Postale)
Inks: Distress Inks by Tim Holtz
Cardstock:  Basill Basics, Recollections
DP: DCWV (Posies Glitter Print)
Dies: Sizzix (Tattered Florals by Tim Holtz), Memory Box (Reed Bird), QuicKutz (Postage Stamp)
Punches: Family Treasures (2" Circle and Leaf)
Misc: Ranger (Holographic Embossing Powder) Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots Embossing Folder), The Paper Studio (Tree Bark Embossing Folder), Heart Buttons, Lace, Twine, Doily

28 comments:

JAE613 said...

Love the off set layers and detail! The flowers are amazing and definitely something I will need to learn how to do!

mae said...

Beautiful card! I love all the layers and the coloring. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Mae

Jenz Bitz 'n' Bobs said...

Oh very pretty card Laura. Good luck with the Challenges. Love the embellishments. Jenny x

Karen said...

This is gorgeous Laura!! Good luck on the dt call! : )
Thanks for the nice comment on my blog, the flowers are made using the George cartridge. I have a tutorial on my blog and I will go and put a link to it in my sidebar if you want to see it. They are really quick and easy to make.

Unknown said...

Oh WOW your card is gorgeous, I love the gorgeous colours and papers and your little birdy is to sweet:-) thanks so much for playing along in this week's Sketch challenge at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxx

KSim18 said...

Super um cute!!! When are you going to send some love my way?!?! :)

Your ideas amaze me because I have no skills that come close to your adorable cards!

Lisa Sjöström said...

What a sweet card! Love the colours and the embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolia´s this week!
Hugs, Lisa

Karen said...

Beautiful card! I love all your layers and the soft color palette.

Karen

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely card Laura. Love the vintagey feel of it.
Thank you for entering the Totally Tilda DT call. Good luck.
hugs
Dawn (TT DT) xx

Kelly said...

Your card is soft and pretty, I love how you layered the papers. Tilda is so lovely here too. Good luck!

cathylynn said...

I think you have created an awesome card with fabulous details! Good luck with the DT call.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Elle said...

Good luck with the DT call! Your card certainly does it justice. I love the details, the colors, and sweet, sweet Tilda.

Unknown said...

oh hun just my colour its gor-juss j x

Suzi Mac said...

Laura, this is gorgeous, I love the layering, your colouring of sweet Tilda and those flowers are stunning. You are not green sweetie, your card is beautiful.
Hugs
Suzi x

Cathy Lee said...

Lovely, Laura. And I don't think you are too green. You make wonderful Magnolia cards.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card, love the layers, thanks so much for joining us at Midweek Magnolias
Hugs julie P

Only By His Grace said...

Beautiful card Laura. Love it.
hugs maz

Louise said...

Super sweet card, love the flowers. Good luck with the DT call
Louise

Susie Sugar said...

Wow your card is lovely Laura very pretty and embellished really well
Thank you for entering the Totally Tilda DT call
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Peggy said...

Great card! I love all the layers. Thank you for sharing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Pam said...

Beautiful card Laura....good luck on the DT call!!!!
Hugs....Pam:)

Sherry said...

Laura, your card is totally awesome!! Good luck on the dt call.

Hugs

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

So totally cute and Tilda is colored fantastic. Great card design.
Blessings Doreen

Christina C. said...

Your creation is exquisite..........wishing you much luck!!!!!!

Rene said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!! Good luck with your DT call!
Rene :D

Anonymous said...

Soooo Gorgeous:) I have added me as follows, so I can see what you are creating the future;)

Mona Evy said...

Wow, very cute card! Love the image and your colouring. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Wedensdays Challenge

cheiron said...

Just loveley. Great coloring and embellishments. Thanks for playing along with the Simon Says Challenge Blog this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...