Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Love You Still, Always Will

Good Morning Fellow Crafters!  I do hope your weekend is off to a good start.  It's raining here in the desert southwest and seeing as how we rarely get to our 7-inch per year mark, this is a real treat indeed!  It's somewhat of a good and bad thing though.  If we get good rains in the early part of the year, springtime can be quite beautiful.  However, when all of that growth dries out in our scorching summer heat, it becomes a fire hazard.  A real buzz kill, I know.

I do have a bit of news that I'm really excited about.  My mom, who has always been too generous, gave me an early birthday present of the Copic certification classes.  I will be taking them this coming Friday and Saturday.  I have been chomping at the bit, waiting for them to come to my area and I am so grateful to have this opportunity to attend.

I have for you today, a card that has been in my thoughts ever since I laid eyes on these gorgeous Tilda and Edwin stamps.  They instantly brought back the memory of a ski outing my husband Craig and I had when we lived in northern Wisconsin, which was 20 years ago.  We were casually going down a run, criss-crossing paths and talking when all of a sudden he was gone.  I stopped, looked around and called his name but he had just vanished.  Then suddenly, his head popped up from behind a fluffy snowbank.  His glasses were packed with snow and his hat was askew.  The sight was so funny that I laughed for at least two minutes before I could catch my breath and ask him if he was alright and needed help.  I felt a little bad about that...
Sorry about the bad lighting but I had to use a lower light to catch the sparkle of the glitter and the reflection on the clear snowflakes.  Brighter light bleached everything out.  It's been a while since I've colored with Distress Inks and I felt all thumbs but I do not have the purples I was looking for in my Copics.  I had forgotten how fun it is to use the watercolor techniques. 
I made the mountain scene as a side step design, using a tutorial for a basic side step card, posted by Norma Lee.  The mountain itself, I drew out freehand and cut the snow caps on my Cricut.  All of the supplies used can be found at the bottom of the post.

Here are closer Photos of Tilda and Edwin that might make it easier to see some of the detail in the snowflakes and such.
 
Thank You so much for stopping by today.  I hope you will leave a comment and take a look around.  Become a follower and sign up for email updates as you don't want to miss out on my birthday/blogaversary candy that will be coming up in March.  I've been gathering up some wonderful goodies...  Have a great day, and better tomorrows!

♥ Laura C.

Challenges:

7 Kids College Fund New & Old  (New: Tilda & Edwin - Old: Distress Inks, Clear Snowflakes)
Milk Coffee Snow & Sparkle
Penny Black All Sorts Love Is In The Air
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Embossing
The Sketchy Challenges #39 Karen's Sketch
Stamp and Create Love
Winter Wonderland It Takes Two
Deep Ocean Anything But A Square
The Dutch Magnolia Chickies Winter
Lovely Haenglar & Sweet Magnolia Ribbon or Lace
Magnolia-licious CB Photo Inspiration
Magnolia-licious Highlites Anything Goes
Magnolia-licious Highlites Mid-Month: All You Need Is Love
Marvelous Magnolia Tilda & Edwin
Stamp and Create with Magnolia Winter Blues

Supplies:

Stamps: Magnolia of Sweden (Tilda In The Mountains, Ski Edwin with Snowflakes)
Inks: Ranger Distress Inks (Seedless Preserves, Tea Dye, Tattered Rose, Black Soot, Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Broken China, Walnut Stain, Faded Jeans, Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick)
Cardstock: Bazzill, Recollections
Patterned Paper: Karen Foster (Snowflakes)
Dies: Marianne Design (Tree LR0136), QuicKutz (Wood Fence), Cricut (Paper Doll Dress Up)
Punches: Martha Stewart (Snowflake PATP, Arctic Snowflake) McGill (Mini Heart)
Misc: Heidi Swapp (Clear Snowflakes), Ranger (Embossing Powder - Holographic), May Arts (Blue and Snowball Ribbon), Cuttlebug (Embossing Folders - Swirl, Swiss Dot), Stitching



31 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Oh my goodness, Laura.....this is STUNNING! Now that I've stopped laughin' at your story, I've taken a close look at all those beautiful details....WOW! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.....you clever thing! x

Anonymous said...

this is a very creative step card! so many lovely details to keep you drawn into the wintery scene you've created. thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous creation and your story with us at penny black and more this month.
linda

Jenée said...

This is one FANTASTIC card, girl! It has taken me a good 5 minutes or so just to enjoy all the wonderful details and another 5 minutes to study your fantastic coloring. I've not tried the distressed ink method. Congratulations on attending the certification classes (I want to do that some day, too). I know you are going to do a fantastic job -- you already are so talented with your Copics!

downrightcrafty said...

A lovely creation, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland "It Takes Two" challenge this week
Hugs Kate xx

Pam said...

WOW! This is absolutely lovely!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

A really gorgeous card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Embossing" challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Wednesday.

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful scene, love the shape, thanks so much for joining in at LHOSM
Hugs julie P

Rene said...

Awww! This is such a charming scene!!! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us for our FIRST Stamp and Create Magnolia for all Seasons challenge! Good luck and I hope to see you back next time!
Rene ;D

Cathy Lee said...

Hi, Laura. This is just too cute for words. Love the sparkle of the snow and your Tilda and Edwin are beautifully colored. Thank you for sharing it with us at Magnolia-licious. Good luck in the draw.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee
Magnolia-licious Designer

Karen said...

So very beautiful! : )

paola said...

i am one of you newest followers, i have had a look around and i do believe that you are one of those bloggers we all need to keep an eye on for doing great things, good luck with your copic class. YOur work is simply beuatiful, lovely soft coloring and great design work, have a great week
smiles
Paola

Desire Fourie said...

This is an awesome snow scene you have created.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Norma said...

Laura, fabulous card. Love the unique shape and the scene you've created. This Tilda and Edwin were meant to be paired up together I think. Wonderful colours and colouring. Oh, cute pompom ribbon.
Have fun at the Copic Certification classes!!!
Thanks for joining us at the Magnolia-licious challenges.
Hugs,
Norma

Plony said...

What a lovely winter-card you've made!!! It's glittering all over, very gorgeous!
Thanx for joining us at DMCC and we love to see you back next challenge. Greetings Plony.

Louise said...

Very pretty, love the shape of your card as well as the scene you created.
Louise

Regina said...

This is soooo precious!! Just adorable! : )
Regina

Kelly said...

I love your story as I live in MN. Your card is very nice and creative. Congrats on the classes, you will probably enjoy the new techniques you will learn.
Hugs Kelly

miriam said...

Prachtige kaart in een heel leuk model
bedankt voor je deelname aan dmcc
gr miriam

Suzi Mac said...

This is gorgeous Laura, the shape and they make such a beautiful couple too. Fabulous work sweetie. Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog. It' so appreciated.
Hugs
Suzi x

susiestacey said...

Lovely scene.
Thank you for joining in the 'Love is in The Air' challenge over at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

cathylynn said...

You are so creative and this card definitely shows it. What a beauty! How nice of your Mother to give you the opportunity to attend Copic classes. WOW that's a real gift!! Have fun!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Sylvia said...

Stunning creation Laura. I love the scene you have made. Congratulations with your copic classes.
xxxSylvia

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! Nicely designed. Have a spectacular time in your copics class.

Karen

Candy said...

Hi Laura,
Your card looks like the story of that day you told us about :o)
Wonderful work and so clever to make a mountain with that special fold!
Both images are coloured beautifully.
Many thanks for joining in our Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
Hugs, Candy
Magnolia-licious Designer

Unknown said...

This card is fantastic and I love the originally shape. Frantastic colours and details.
Francy

Lynsey said...

This is a fantastic card for the Winter Wonderland Challenge. Thanks for joining us this week.
Hugs Lynsey x

Anneke. said...

Beautiful wintercard!
Thanx for joining us at DMCC.
Hugs Anneke.

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous card Laura. Love the cute images coloring and the fun snwoy background on this project :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Tami G said...

This is just so adorable. Love the layout.

KSim18 said...

Awwww! It's you and Stinkum! I really liked how this one turned out!

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

This is sooooo cute!!!
Tabitha's Designs
Great price digi paper:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...